International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development

International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development


International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development
International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development
Vol. 9, Issue 9 (2022)

Factors that affecting employees’ job performance: The case of NIB bank S.C Hossana branches, Ethiopia


Temesgen Desalegn, Tadesse Mathewos

This study's goal was to investigate the variables that determine how well workers perform at their jobs in the context of Nib Bank S.C. The bank encountered issues with formal follow-up after training, unequal pay and promotions, and restrictions on employee participation in decision-making while implementing these internal processes. Information was received from the Hossana branch of Nib Bank. The study is quantitative in nature and employs the cross-sectional survey method. To determine the sample size, a sample size determination table and the stratified sampling technique were both utilized. Descriptive and inferential statistics from correlation and regression analysis were used to analyze the empirical data. The dependent variable is employees' jobs, while the independent variables are training, motivation, leadership, organizational culture, and working environment. Correlation using Pearson's each independent variable's link to the dependent variable was examined using a coefficient. The findings showed that there were limitations in adopting this practice at Nib Bank since the mean values for motivation (mean = 2.86), leadership (mean = 2.94), organizational culture (mean = 2.99), and working environment (mean = 2.87) were below average. All null hypotheses were rejected by the correlation finding, which showed a positive link existed between each independent variable and the dependent variable. This suggests that any change in the independent variable, whether positive or negative, will have an equal and opposite effect on the productivity of the workforce. The dependent variable is shown to be impacted by the independent variables by 30.1 percent, while the remaining 69.9 percent is influenced by factors not addressed in this study. As a result, the Nib Bank should assess its motivational practices, leadership styles, organizational cultures, and work environments on a regular basis in order to discover any gaps and determine how well they affect workers' ability to execute their jobs.
Download  |  Pages : 1-5
How to cite this article:
Temesgen Desalegn, Tadesse Mathewos. Factors that affecting employees’ job performance: The case of NIB bank S.C Hossana branches, Ethiopia. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development, Volume 9, Issue 9, 2022, Pages 1-5
International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Development